Thread: Amber Rose
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2020, 10:07 AM   #19
evoLnivleK

Re: Amber Rose

And the other part to this story is while I was selling the dump bed. I got a msg from a guy who was interested in trading a car trailer for the dump bed. We went back and forth a few times and I told him I would just buy the car trailer outright. So when I went to pick up the car trailer the next week, he showed me the truck he was thinking about putting the dump bed on, a 69 C30 flatbed. So...I bought that too. lol.

This is the truck that replaced my 79 C30 and is now my daily work truck.

Pic from his farm.

I was ecstatic. I wasn't prepared to buy the truck at the moment. So I asked him to give me 2 months to come up with the cash. 6 weeks later I was on my way to pick it up.

It is a 69, 350, 4 speed, power steering, power brakes. Surface rust but almost no rust holes or any rot anywhere. The lug studs have been upgraded, carb rebuilt. It is just a great truck.

I didn't waste any time getting it in service. I had to rebuild the front drums, new master, and new lines to the front brakes, but that was it.

Already being put to work.

It has the factory flatbed that I've wanted, but never thought I'd get one.

I put my hitch on, but kept the other hitch someone has fabbed on there. I may convert it to a step.

I couldn't be happier at this point.
evoLnivleK is offline   Reply With Quote