Thread: Restoring Rusty
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2020, 01:25 PM   #6334
LT7A

Re: Restoring Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatzie View Post
It's all about perspective.
Comparing SF county to LA county is apples to oranges...

LA county is huge. I've driven all over that county for work in the 1990s. It's easily twice the land area of Rhode Island or Delaware and then some. At 10x plus more population it's far more densely populated than either of those Eastern seaboard states... LA county has almost the population of the state of Ohio packed into a land area around twice the size of RI.

The SF Bay Area is Alameda, Contra Costa, San Mateo, Santa Clara, San Francisco, Marin, Sonoma, Napa, and Solano Counties.
Of those SF Bay Area counties San Francisco is tiny tiny tiny... literally almost just a tiny little bit bigger than the city of San Francisco. Considering that fact... the infection rate for that tiny high population density area is insane.
Interesting information. I think we both have an appreciation for statistics although yours probably exceeds mine. I agree that the counties don't really compare. I'd simply said that I think most of the infections were occurring in LA. I think that adding all the infection numbers for those additional SF counties would probably still not equal the LA number (but I haven't done the math ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatzie View Post
Enough of that lets talk about trucks some more.
I agree with this as well, so feel free to PM me if you have further relevant thoughts that you want to talk about.

Last edited by LT7A; 07-24-2020 at 01:34 PM.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote