View Single Post
Old 07-25-2020, 01:08 AM   #11
RotaryRocketeer

Re: Triumphant Return

Got everything back together for a leisurely evening rip around the county. Brake hose job went smoother after letting the fittings soak in PB overnight, got my kickdown cable all adjusted and mounted to the manifold, new LS3 belt tensioner installed, and was able to use my new Motive bleeder (pretty cool after you throw away the lid fasteners they give you and use C clamps.)

Then things went south in a hurry.

Trans somehow lost 90% of its fluid within a half mile of leaving the house. Which of course meant no more go. But it did downshift and rev out to 5600 or so before that happened, so I know my kickdown install and governor weight swap worked. Silver linings.

A real nice kid gave me a ride to the house (didn't take my phone) to get the tow rig. Didn't even wave him down, he just stopped and offered to help. Living in the country has it's perks. And all I gotta do for him is let him drop a line in my pond every so often.

Some days you win, and some days the lord presses his giant sandal clad foot upon the windpipe of all your dreams. Today was a sandal day.
RotaryRocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote