View Single Post
Old 07-25-2020, 08:29 PM   #398
roll_the_dice

Re: 1965 LWB Stepside Build

After much research, the alternator can be connected to the starter or battery...I am choosing to connect to the battery. I think it will be a cleaner install in terms of wires.

In between raindrops today, I got one of the bed cross sills sand blasted and primed. Waiting on some black paint to arrive. Will get the others blasted and painted this week. Not a fan of outdoor blasting in the heat and sand blowback. I also couldn't resist installing the air cleaner since I received the new stud kit. I thought about painting the top green, but decided to keep it powder coated black.

Waiting on my "new" v8 radiator bracket to arrive. I will need to sand blast it and powder coat satin black, but that shouldn't take long.

I also "think" I am going to try and take off the horrible DIY spray on bedliner the PO put on. I have already taken it off the inside of the tailgate. I used paint stripper and it did a good job and keeps the theme of the truck going..."not a show truck".

Will try to get a better picture of the air cleaner tomorrow...looks like the colors don't match, but they are spot on.
Attached Images

roll_the_dice is offline   Reply With Quote