View Single Post
Old 07-26-2020, 05:19 PM   #19
americanmusc1e

Re: 49 Chevy Power Wagon 3/4ton hauler build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purcell69 View Post
Nice going Josh!

-Joe
Thank you! I am very much enjoying your build. Though I will say putting the magnum motor in the original frame was my idea. The frame swap was heavily inspired by your build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purcell69 View Post
I just figured out why the transfer case shifter isn't "right". The half ton, at least the early ones, were NP231D which is 2wd, 4wd Hi, N, and 4wd Lo pattern. I don't know the pattern on the NP 241HD, but I'm betting it is different and is part of why it won't bolt up.

I know you're familiar with Marty Fletcher and the work he does on our "undesirable" 5.9L Magnum engines, but I'll throw the link up here for anyone else that thinks these engines aren't worth the trouble.

https://www.utawesomeperformance.com/index.html

No matter what the purists may say, this is going to be a great build. Keep up the good work.

-Joe
I was just going off of it looked close when I was laying under the 1/2-ton in the wrecking yard. I figured dodge would have tried to keep the shifters the same to keep costs down. I guess not.

I'm going to go back to the wrecking yard and try again for a transfer case shifter soon. This one is very close but not quite able to bolt to the holes on my 46re but the geometry of the shift linkage looks very wrong.

Instagram: @americanmusc1e

OLD SKOOL-- 1970 C10. 454/Th400/3.07 posi Build Thread
FARM TRUCK----1949 Chevrolet 3800 Power Wagon Hauler Build Thread

1999 4wd OBS Tahoe - daily.

DM me if you can't see photos i posted
americanmusc1e is offline   Reply With Quote