View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 08:08 AM   #16
special-K
Special Order

Re: If you have a little time and want to give me a hand

When the snubbers went out on the DMF in my '92 pressing the clutch in quieted it. It sounded like the throw-out bearing, but when it's that the noise happens when peddle is depressed. The throw-out is just floating while driving. So I went in expecting to find the front bearing bad, not knowing anything about the dumb mother... I mean dual mass flywheel. Not really unrelated. Hopefully adding some perspective.

The mechanic would have seen issues with the throw-out bearing or if it the fork was messed up. I would think he would have inspected the pressure plate and clutch disc, even before going into the transmission.

I'm somewhat doubtful of this mechanic. I don't get how he would hand your car back telling you to try adding temporary bushings to check for vibration broadcasting when he had the transmission out, went into it, and re-installed. What in creation would he not have simply replaces those gal dern mounts??? I just can not grasp that.Sounds like the load of crap the GMC dealer tried handing me when my truck went in for issues under warranty. "We couldn't get it to do that", I heard on a couple different issues. "Well, it does it for me and it needs fixed!" Another story for another day.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote