View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 08:58 AM   #1
C.I.Blazer

Mounting Front Bucket Seats

On vacation and as we were driving to our rental I saw an old blazer sitting in a field with a bunch of other cars. I am in need of a new top (of course would like a single wall) so the next day I went back to see what it was. Turns out the top is double wall and in worse shape then mine, but I did notice a couple of what appeared to be original front seats in pretty good shape along with a console.

The seats in my blazer are not original and are in really bad shape so i have been trying to figure out what to replace them with. I did not get a chance to look closely at the seats since the owner was not there and I do not know much about original seats in general. Now that I have done some reading I see the the mounting of the sport seats and the utility seats is different. Not being home, I have now way to see what mounting holes my Blazer has. Is it a big deal to mount one type of seat in the floor set up for another? I know the front mounting holes are the same and that the rear holes are different. Is it just a matter of drilling new holes and putting in some large washers or something to spread out the load?

Can someone give me an idea of current values of sport and utility seats plus console in decent condition? I spoke to the owner and am going over tomorrow or Friday. He also said he had a couple of other blazers that he would show me.

Any thing else I should look for (other than extreme bend tow hooks)? Our Suburban is already pretty packed so not sure what else I can get but I do need some other parts. May have to make a trip back depending on what I find.

Thanks for the help.
C.I.Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote