View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 11:31 AM   #367
rcrahn

Re: PROJECT "Father/Son" C-20 Rolling Chassis Build

Almost 13 years ago to this day this 67C20 project started. Over that period so much has happened. And not happened. With life and the project. Y'all know what I'm referring to. I did not want to see the project die and be sold off like so many are. I was determined to at the very least finish the wiring and hear it run. Better yet to drive it.
Now here's the amazing part. It was accomplished. With the help of John Oliveria and Rich Deans - owners of American Customs and Classics in Hollister CA.
They did great job! What's really cool to think about is the fact this project started 13 years ago with John working on the frame and air suspension in the back of a makeshift shop working after hours from his regular job. Today, he and Rich are running a thriving business. Enthusiasts from around the Bay Area are sending their cars and trucks to them. Their work is top notch.
So, the truck was at their shop for 3 weeks. Daily I received several text updates with pictures of the progress. I gave them a budget and they met it. I will share pictures of John's work in the coming days.
I cannot express how overwhelmed I was to hear the 2003 LQ9 come to life. Yes, the same motor that John and I did a road trip to get in Pomona CA in Jan 2009! When I picked up the truck July 27th I drove it around the parking lot. Talk about some history and going full circle.....

Let's pick things up on July 6th 2020.....Heading to ACC Hollister
Attached Images

rcrahn is offline   Reply With Quote