View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 03:33 PM   #420
Johns 66

Re: 1965 LWB Stepside Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll_the_dice View Post
So I tried to install my radiator last week, but the radiator bracket didn't work...I had a "modified" 6 cylinder bracket that was bent to work with the PO's v8 radiator. So I found an original V8 bracket on ebay and bought it. I received it today...I opened the box and made sure it fit the radiator...success! Then I used my media blaster to clean it up. Here are before and after. Going to either paint or powder coat it tomorrow.

Also got back to work on the bed liner. Finished the front of the bed...now to finish the drivers side panel tomorrow...I already have done 24" or so on it...so it shouldn't take too long. I will say Goof Off paint stripper is strong! Works much better than the other I had...I hope I have enough to finish!
You know what struck me funny today when thinking about this....We, You, Christian and I do not and will not have a show truck in our trucks....and like you I took mine down so that I could paint and/or clear it....spent many hours sanding etc.....in reality I could have taken mine and had it blasted, and put primer on mine in less than 2 days, but spent weeks sanding on mine....LOL What was I thinking???

Your bed cleared, with Black rails and Black Walnut is gonna look sick...Im thinking you are creeping to the edge of Show truckville
2019 GMC AT4
Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote