Thread: Safety Updates
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 07:10 PM   #8
special-K
Special Order

Re: Safety Updates

LED lights and possibly mount a cargo light converted to a 3rd brake light. I feel these trucks are perfectly safe. The shoulder belts, of course and better brakes won't hurt. But our population is, as an expression, asleep at the wheel when walking. They just don't pay attention and think "I didn't see" is an excuse. They are used to seeing ultra bright brake lights and 3rd brake lights, not that they see them any better. But certainly having what came on these trucks is less than these folks expect. I'm not concerned as an experienced driver who can't allow himself to not pay attention. A new driver needs all the advantages they can get.

HEI has nothing to do with safety. Points will let you know plenty in advance that it's getting to be time to replace them. When electronic goes it's usually all at once with no warning.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote