View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 12:25 AM   #239
joedoh

Re: Project "Bickle" 1948 1/2 ton 4.3 4l60e

haha it isnt teasing, its my 19x19 garage, I cant back up much. built 8 trucks in here though, this is 9. gonna be a couple more.

I went to a city hall meeting yesterday and I should run for government. they were talking about our gravel (dirt) road and kept calling it a gravel road, its a dirt road, in 10 years I have only seen rip rap poured on a short section that was like a slip and slide in the rain. they were responding to a owner petition for reclaimed asphalt, which I didnt sign when it came around because it was BLOW-NEY. nothing will hang around when the base is sand/dirt. anyway, their proposal was 100 lots pay 200 each one time to pay the 200k cost.

no kidding. that was their math. I raised my hand and asked who would pay the other 180k. the mayor and city manager and city engineer all looked at each other.

anyway. in other news, closing on the new new property tuesday, all the hoop jumping is done. that will be a nice 24x24 I cant work in either hahaha. it would be funnier if it werent so gut-punching. I mean sad.

so finished the lights today, the 98+ s10 has a ground triggered headlight system with separate bulbs, and the drl is on the high beam so you couldnt use a 3 prong 7" sealed beam without a whooole lotta relays. I order these VW 2 chamber lights with separate H4 and H3 bulbs, wire the low beam to the H4 and the high to the H3, and viola. DRLs work, no blown fuses. they also have adjusters so I just chop the backs off the old headlight buckets to keep the trim ring mount.

I think this is actually a ford trim ring. need to stop by storage and pick one up.

a nice piece of kydex for an air director, woop woop

works!

I took a picture of the fender to the wall of color at menards, the nice guy I got the fenders from had sanded one halfway I guess to assess how quickly he wanted to sell them (hi craig!) I was going to leave it but sunburst yellow is a good match, dont worry about the tiger stripes I am sanding the whole truck with 600 so I left it thin enough to sand through.

I would have it on the ground again but the tie rod castle nut on the passenger side needs replaced (OR WELDED HAHAHA KIDDING PROBABLY NOT). its always something.
Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote