View Single Post
Old 08-03-2020, 05:29 AM   #2692
special-K
Special Order

Re: My Facetruck thread.

I'm not real sure about my decision to go to the Carlisle truck show this week, to be honest. I see it as about as high risk and it gets, other than something indoors. To many people flaunting the safe practices and certainly a whole heap of them in close contact and certainly touching a whole heap of things in a whole heap of vendor spaces.

I just went to our local chapter of the ATHS yesterday and even that was a risk. it was held at a local Ruritan Club grounds under a pavilion with a nice soft breeze blowing. No one wearing masks, but we were all asked, before we ate, to go wash our hands and wear a mask while filling our plates. We didn't have to wear them while we ate .

Not far from there is where my friend Terry Grabble, who has been my sandblaster longer than I can remember, lived and had his commercial painting shop... started by his dad. The reason I'm using past tense is because yesterday I learned he got the virus and it took his life in May. What a shock. I knew this thing was real and it is not going away, but to find it took a person close to me has really impacted me. I don't think it's done setting in yet. Sandy, his wife, also got it but is still with us. She is running the business now but I'm not sure how that will go. Terry was the estimator and that meant offsite jobs such as large storage tanks for propane companies and other complicated things you have to know your stuff to estimate. I feel so bad for her. They are of the best kind of people. I could haul my stuff up there any day of the week any time of day. Terry and I spent many an evening elbows resting on the bedrails looking out across the farmland "philosophizing". He was a longtime member of the Lions Club and coached little league baseball. We lost us a good on, boys. Damn this virus
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 08-03-2020 at 05:47 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote