View Single Post
Old 08-03-2020, 09:40 AM   #24
special-K
Special Order

Re: Classic Trucks: Other Makes

I test drove a used green Datsun PU (610?) in '76. It had aluminum slots and I thought it looked cool. I liked the 4wd conversions in the '70s they did on the Nippon haulers, including Chevy LUV. When Toyota came out with their factory job in '78 I really wanted one. All said and done, I always needed more truck but thought it would be neat to have a mini 4wd PU. Pretty go where a Jeep could go, size wise, but more useful and practical. The only Japanese product I ever bought, and first brand new vehicle, was an '87 Suzuki Samurai for my girlfriend to drive to downtown Baltimore for the clinical segment (final) of her nursing school. She couldn't miss a class due to weather, or anything, and I wanted to know she could make it down and up without leaving her stranded. It was cheap, still had round headlights & carburetor, and America made nothing to compare. Some said Jeep, but no comparison in size, price, or MPG. I figured I'd make a fun off road toy out of it later on. Never happened

Ok, I showed some stock Studebaker E-models. Now these:
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote