View Single Post
Old 08-03-2020, 12:16 PM   #18
RustyBucket

Re: 67-72 stepside pics, 2020 show and tell

10-12 years or so ago I found & bought the '67 small window/side mount spare/short step in the picture. Amazingly straight, minimal rust... put it in the shop and never got around to it. I bought several other 60's/70's cars & trucks. I worked on, improved and sold them. I made a little profit on most but not much for my time/labor. Had some fun with a Nova eigth mi. drag car but TERRIBLE time & money pit. I bought my '71 GMC locally, 350/700r4, ps/pdb/cold A/C, 2.5"drop spindles.... 1 decent cheap original color repaint. Got original paper work & protecto plate. It was rustproofed apparently when it was new and it worked pretty good. Rustproofing is a black goo that still oozes out of the tail gate on a hot day. Orig rockers & cab corners. It wasn't cheap but was fairly priced.. I could have easily spent the same or more money on the '67 with a LOT more grease, sweat & time invested. I never worked as a mechanic but have always had hobby/hotrod cars & trucks, I'm 68 now & just don't enjoy shop time like I used to. I've had the '71 5+years and have lowered it a little more and a few other changes. It has alum. intake & 600 holley, starts/idles/runs & drives good. HEI dist. & cast iron ex. manifolds, stainless flowmaster knock-off mufflers that exit under the r. bumper. Gas mileage ain't great but it likes 87oct. ok. No plans for an LS swap, I like 'em, both our D. drivers are LS powered but my Holleys on the '71 & my '72 Blazer behave like they're supposed to. I don't mind the tank in the cab either. I have a factory posi unit but I'll probably put it in the Blazer. OH YEAH, I sold the '67 & a '69 Nova I'd had for 25yrs to a friend of mine as a package deal about 5yrs ago. He's just about finished with the '67 NOW and the Nova's ready for paint but completely disassembled. I like the looks of the '67 Chevy better but I can live with it. I think the GMC has a pretty face.
Attached Images

Current toy trucks:
'71 GMC 1500 SUPER CUSTOM short/step, orig. dk. blue, 350/700r, ps,pb, A/C
'72 Blazer 2wd, ochre & white, 454, tremecTKO 500 5spd. ps, pb, A/C, tilt

Last 10yrs of hobby vehicles, had a FEW more in the 50yrs. before these:
'66 Plymouth Belvedere City of Miami cop car clone.
'70 Nova 406"sb, 13.5-1, solid roller, Brodix, p.glide/t.brake, back halved, 9" Ford, spool 4.88, cage,ladder bar/coilover, 10.5 tire....... SOLD!!
'67 C10 short/step side mount spare -- SOLD!!
'72 Jimmy 2wd, 350/350, ps, pb, fun driver, lots of bondo & a shiny red paint job..... SOLD!!
'69 Nova 350, 4spd, A/C, ps, p.b, ...SOLD!!
RustyBucket is offline   Reply With Quote