View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 08:44 AM   #777
special-K
Special Order

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

You still have it. In this area we are lucky to have the C&O Canal National Historic Park. The old tow path is a well maintained hike and bike trail. The grade is so easy you can peddle up river without feeling you are peddling up hill. It runs about 120 miles from Washington, DC to Cumberland, MD in the mountains. There are rail to trail paths all over. Again, trains needed an easy grade so riding is very easy. Check into what might be in your area. It's a great feeling to ride a bike, same as when you were a kid. Good exercise that won't tear you up also. No motor noise lets you ride right up on wildlife, too, same as paddling a canoe or kayak. I love doing both. Paddling down river is easy good exercise. I never hurt after doing that. Usually run between 7 and 15 mile trips. Usually in a kayak on the Shenandoah River in Page Valley, VA. We paddle up on all sorts of wildlife. Both make beer taste really good when you're done

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote