View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 08:52 AM   #3
special-K
Special Order

Re: hurricane season is on

I-Say-E-Is makes tropical system #9 for the season already. First one to affect us. A long way to go to Dec 1st The name is the late Latin version of the early Hebrew name Isiah. Gotta get them all covered these days I guess AMost of the reporters are having a hard time with it. Makes sense to me!

It's a big storm. Bigger than strong. Started raining around 4pm yesterday when it was still in the Carolinas. It let up some by evening, then rain steady all night and still raining. I am on the edge a good hundred mile from Richard inland. I had 3/4" in the gauge when I got home at 6. tidal surge will be fairly high as well as creeks and rivers swelling. Not an issue here being a headwaters area.

I was working at the place on the Severn River near it's mouth at the Chesapeake Bay when the rain started. It was about dark out at 4pm with thunder and lightning. Probably what brought Richard the tornados. It should be past us by suppertime. We'll see how it goes. I hope everyone stays safe

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 08-04-2020 at 10:33 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote