View Single Post
Old 08-08-2020, 06:16 PM   #7
'68OrangeSunshine

Re: Radiator Overflow Reservoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axle View Post
Having had a '76 nova, I hated that overflow bottle with a passion. Near impossible to fill without a funnel. If you got the room, do yourself a favor and tilt it up on the neck side just to make filling it easier.
When I added an overflow to my '73 nova I got one out of a toyota pickup truck and mounted it to the rad support. I did not want to put up with the in-fender overflow ever again. =-)
Thanks for the heads up.
I was going to mount it today. I'll have to pull the battery anyway, since it went flat last night. Then the batt bracket. If I can get any down angle on the bottle, I'll do that. I do have a small-but-long funnel for the purpose already.
One concern is that this item will block access to the very tip of the fender bottom. Where slipped 1/2'' wrenches all go. Also, if left undisturbed, packrats can leave a nasty surprise from cholla and prickly pear thorns. I guess I can fish with a magnet-tipped tool picker.
Does the system suck coolant back into the radiator if it's low? Or is it simply to keep it from splashing out under the engine when it overheats?

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote