View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 08:07 AM   #11
special-K
Special Order

Re: Fix a Flat giveaway

Sure looks like a giveaway contest, and I'm sure it is that as well. But what I see is advertising in disguise along with an info gathering trap. An issue that (finally) has a major case presently being brought to court against the four major monster internet entities guilty of gathering and selling our personal info. All I had to do is type the first letter of my first name and all the info needed except the first six digits of my phone number were already known. How convenient? Not so sure I'd call all the badging I'll receive are worth saving me a handful of pecks on the keyboard. Then they snake in a "receive promotional bs" (from the ones they'll sell your info to) check box that they automatically check for you (convenience??) when you click the first box. They are counting on most folks not noticing and not unchecking the decision they made for you (mo' money again). We have people who refuse to fill out the US Census, buy to possibly win a truck are willing to freely offer this info to benefit a business that makes a goop you don't want inside your tire. Carry a javk and a spare you nimrod!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote