View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 07:30 AM   #43
special-K
Special Order

Re: Leaf or coil standard rear spring on GMC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
That is THE data point. Thanks for checking.
If someone has a GMC with coils that also shows them listed on the SPID - that would pretty much close the case.
Refer back 4 years to post#8 where I laid it out straight and true. Data Schmata, I'm talking real life actual fact. Although the GMCs came through with leaf springs unless coil springs were ordered, the SPIDs still were printed showing the leaf springs as an option. And if the coil springs option was taken the SPID shows no option. You can take everything Chevy in regards to coil vs leaf on C/10 & C/20 and reverse it. You can look at any SPID on either marque and they will reflect the actual equipment but on GMCs you will be deceived into believing the leafs were an option and coils were standard. Can't always go by the book. I'd have to see that data book where that member claims it says coils were standard on GMC. Or did he say his books are Canadian? That too was laid out straight and true by another 'Canadian' member by stating the Canadian 910-930 trucks were actually Chevys with GMC trim. For instance, in 67-69 V6 was never offered like they were on US-built GMCs. GMC 910-930s were truly Chevrolets with GMC trim. In the USA, the 67-72 1500-3500 were the last of the truly different trucks (in drivetrain) with a lot in common.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
Can somebody show me a GMC SPID with leafs on the truck and not on the SPID.
Nope, never happened

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote