Thread: Headliner
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 08:01 PM   #19
WOLFMANmike

Re: Headliner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcampoDave View Post
Summer days regularly get into the triple digit temps where I live and on those days, my garage gets too hot to even spend time inside it. Nonetheless, the headliner stays put. One key to success is to choose a lightweight covering. I later tried to make a gray one out of some thick vinyl fabric and it was too heavy and the thing kept trying to come down. The black vinly stuff you see in my thread is suprisingly thin and light weight. Walmart regularly has plenty of different black vinyl styles but other colors can be a little sparse.
hey bro i have this idea im gonna do when i make my head liner for my 65 c10 and i bet it would work well for you too and the heat should not matter so here it is i cant remember what its called but that real thin press board shape it to fit then your foam shape it to fit and last part most important Home depot has Neodymium magnets very strong and they happen to have counter sunk holes in the center of them see where im going here? so place your magnets where you want them then run a screw through the counter sunk hole into that thin press board do it with all the magnets then put a washer and a small nut to keep it from ever coming lose. now comes your foam so that the foam sits flush on its new press board backing use a exacto blade and cut the diameter of the magnet so that when you lay it over the magnets it covers it and sits flush now use the 3m dualloc velcro for your foam that stuff holds 25 lbs! put that on your foam backing and the press board and you my friend are all set!! the idea here is that #1 the strong magnets are holding up the whole thing and heat has no effect on the magnets power # 2 the press board and magnets will be absorbing the full brunt of the heat but your foam will not get as hot it will serve as a insulator and as long as you get strong enough magnets she aint gonna fall hot. cold. or not now i have not made mine yet but its just a idea in my head i thought ide share with you for yours and others who may be into it
WOLFMANmike is offline   Reply With Quote