Thread: The Census
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2020, 08:56 AM   #39
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Re: The Census

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I get not wanting to over share info with the government. I truly think they ask way too many nunya bisnez questions. But I really don't get disregarding the census and tossing in the trash. Please explain. I think it is important to know how many people live in the United States and how they are dispersed. I think many reasons should be obvious.

I am looking at homes for sale. I appreciate that the information is there for population and demographics in the nearest town, the county, the general area, etc.

I remember my mom's hometown having 800+ residents in my early adulthood. More recently I noticed the welcome sign at the edge of town says 500+. That's a big drop. I looked on Wikipedia and saw the town's heyday had something like 1,100+ in the 1800s when The B&O Railroad had a spur into town. It's good to know what the population trends are, if nothing else. I think the census is important. I think by not cooperating at all, those people forfeit their right to complain about a lot of things. It's so simple to just be counted.

As far as jury duty goes, check that second word out, "duty". We need more sense of duty in this country, like there was when this was a better nation.

I was in a lawsuit from an accident. The question was not who was at fault, it was over alleged negligence on my behalf. Totally bogus way someone thought they could use to get some easy money. It was a jury hearing, two days. The regional rep for my insurance company was up from Charlotte, NC. That shows they were worried about losing their $100k. I just told it like it was. The rep had tried to settle with her lawyer but he was so sure of himself he said he was going for the whole ball of wax. Well, thanks to a jury who sat and listened, they could see through the crap and the result was they got nada. I am very grateful for the people who say the sense of duty and showed up for it
I agree about demographics being important. But they already know who I am and where I live. I'm not hard to find.

I googled my name and it was all there. My address. My family. Everything. And I never told anybody anything. I don't feel that I need to tell anyone any more at this point. They know more about me than I do.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote