Old 08-19-2020, 12:02 PM   #354
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
Oh yeah...that looks real nice..!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Oooh!! I like it. Thanks for sneaking us a peek.
Thanks, guys! They've been making good progress. Kathy and I went down there on Monday and looked everything over. It's even nicer in person. Sean, their painter, did a great job of laying down the base and clear. No runs, no drips, no errors. The body is in the final stages of prep. They were blocking the last of the primer while we were there. All of the loose parts are complete except for the cut and buff part. There was very little orange peel and hardly any dust nibs, so that should go fairly quickly. They prefer to let the parts sit for a week or two so everything is completely cured. Don't know for sure, but maybe by the first of September we'll have it all back here at the house.

I've been working on a short punch list for the chassis and parts I retrieved after they disassembled everything for the color. The metal work is done on the first of the inner fender wells and I've applied a base layer of Duraglass over the welded areas. Waiting for a few things to arrive from eBay to complete the list of tasks on the chassis but should easily be done before they need the chassis back to mate it to the body.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote