View Single Post
Old 08-21-2020, 05:15 PM   #19
SCOTI

Re: Wheel Vintiques fitment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robzkombi View Post
yes, 5/7". I am running 20" at the moment with spacers out back. I think they are 1/2" spacers. and I was thinking of running 1/4" in front.

Does the stock OEM wheel have 3.75 of BS?

Would 3.50" BS on the 62 series be a better fit?
For reference, I measured some stock 15x6 steelies this morning & they were 3 5/8BS (from the hub pad to the outside edge of the wheel lip). Not sure of 7'' wheels. My bet would be 3.75-4".

EDITED:
On a side note, Wheel Vintiques sometimes just aren't fun to deal with. I've been trying to get technical info on their 17" 62 series. Finally was able to get a human by going to the 'place an order' extension (vs technical questions extension). I inquired about what (if any) brake upgrade 'kits' would/could work w/the 17" version of these wheels. I specifically asked about the most common big-brake upgrade kit (C5/PBR 2-piston caliper/13" rotors) like what you'd get from Baer or CPP. The answer? 'They don't know exactly'....

He said he would need to know the dimensions of my brake kit to tell me if they 'might' fit. I questioned the logic saying that since I wanted to run a 'steelie' that I kind of needed to know what would/could fit vs buying a brake kit first & hoping it would work w/their wheels. "That makes sense" was the response.

I do have a C5/C6 set of calipers & a 340mm (Z51) rotor that were slated for a previous C10. I've been thinking of re-allocating the calipers & SS flex lines to use on something else w/a smaller standard 325mm rotor. Kinda' want to know if they'll fit within the wheel before commiting to purchase adapter brackets & parts.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 08-21-2020 at 05:31 PM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote