View Single Post
Old 08-24-2020, 11:08 PM   #293
joedoh

Re: Project "Bickle" 1948 1/2 ton 4.3 4l60e

visited the honey hole, bought 5 trucks. a 49 chevy 4400 fire truck cab and front clip, a 49 ford f-1 (always wanted to build one!), a 49 willys overland truck, a surprisingly complete/intact 59 international shortbed 4x4 (for my brother the international guy) and a 1994 toyota std cab 2wd pickup. I figure if I can get it titled, I will just use it as a donor for the ford!

guy had some wild stuff, there were at least 100 67-79 ford trucks there and old semi trucks, houses on beams still hooked to the old cabover fords that hauled them there. there was a 67 lemans 326 with a tree growing through the rear of it, an early econoline and chevy 108 van, this huge gal diamond t tandem axle wrecker that looked like a semi tow truck, even a GM diesel (not a detroit) that was as tall and almost as long as a fullsize chevy van it was infront of, I think from one of the 4 cranes dismantled on the property.

got the bumper mounts designed, need to cut them out.

realized my garage is a pigsty (it always is in the throes of finishing) so before cutting I cleaned the truck and pushed it out for some time in the sun.

made a run 30 minutes north to pick up a FItech for my brother, he got a pretty good deal and its really like ordering online because all he has to do is push a button haha

rather than complaining about how small the forum images have shrunk (again), instead I will complain about how long the seat is taking. its been a month and a half and now he says two more weeks.
Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote