Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 01:57 PM   #883
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Update - Bodywork - Fenders and Doors

Well, I have many updates, just haven't had time to post them. And I also am wondering how much anyone really wants to see of this stuff too, bodywork and paint is kinda boring until it's installed on the truck...

For the past month I have been hard at it, body-working the doors, inner and outer fenders, cowl, hood. Bed will getting blasted and primed later. That's another story. So here are a few pics. Again, this is gonna be my daily, so I'm not going for perfection, but to be honest, the panels were not as bad as I expected.

You guys remember one of my doors dropped from the hooks on my hanging rack right? I got it fixed. No real bad damage thank goodness. I hammered out the door where it had the worst hit, sanded back down and body-worked it again. I had to re-weld the inner "shelf" where the vent window sits, and I used a piece of wood and mallet to bang the outer door skin back(just a hair), and I also re-whacked the window channel back a bit to re-gap it back in cab. But yeah, other than that no big deal LMAO...

But seriously, here is the amount of filler I needed when all was fixed. Oh, and I seam sealed the outer skin where it meets the window channel, both doors. From factory they have a serious gap that water will just flow right into the door.... Didn't notice that until I examined them closer.

Little glaze.

Here are the outer fenders, they sanded down nicely, did maybe 3 rounds of filler on both fenders and they both came out about the same, very light amount of bodywork left.

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote