Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 01:58 PM   #884
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Update - Bodywork - Hood

The hood was blasted 2 years ago. I used a really nice spray called "Dry Coat". I learned about this spray from someone else and they mentioned it lasts about a year, allowing you to keep bare metal without rusting. Well, I didn't respray after a year, and it actually lasted about 1.5 years before I noticed it started to rust in the pits of the blasting. So I ended up having to re-sand the whole hood. Just whipped out the DA and went to town. Used a wire brush on drill on underneath side to get in all the bracing and etc.

Then after all that I used this Eastwood rust coating stuff inside all the holes and bracing to keep rust away. I used this same stuff in my cab roof skin and pillars when I had it blown apart. Cheap assurance is the way I look at it. Has like a 18" tube and the tip has like 6-7 holes that spray in all directions. Seems to coat really well and gets in all the hard to reach/impossible to reach areas.

Not sure if you can tell, you can see some of the splattering out of the holes, but I hit every hole I could find. Excess just wipes off with paint prep cleaner.

And she is in primer at the moment.

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote