Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2020, 11:18 PM   #617
SCOTI

Wink Re: Johns 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns 66 View Post
Lil more progress today after church. My lil helper wasnt there because he had a birthday party to attend...I guess cake and ice cream beat out old truck...lol

Anyways decided to swap the rear axles with the 5 lug axles from CPP.
I had gotten a price to have it done but decided to try it, worst I could do was mess it up and have to take it to the shop.
Well Im glad I did it myself, Randy was there to help which made it better and I have to say that it took me longer to clean off the old gasket material than it did to swap the axles. I was surprised how simple it was.
Took the brakes off the drivers side and got all that cleaned up, and Ill reinstall them this week.
Got the differential cover cleaned up and painted along with the new drums.
Progress seems so good.
As we did this today Randy and I talked about old trucks and working on them, Andy and I have had similar discussions about working on our trucks. I would rather work on my project and see the progress, even though it takes awhile. At least I will know every bolt in the truck, will have memories, big laughs about doing things wrong, and thecsatisfaction of knowing, with Randy's help that we did it. I could have wrote a check for a finished truck and been riding, but wouldnt have had the satisfaction of knowing what we accomplished.
Its the journey, not the destination...in my eyes.
Truth.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is online now   Reply With Quote