View Single Post
Old 08-31-2020, 08:47 PM   #4
68PanelTruck

Re: Where can I find this part?

OK, I ordered the header panel for a Suburban and got it today. It is different than the panel in my Panel truck. The Sub part has holes that look like they are for those nuts that clip into place (can't remember the name) along the top edge. Maybe a headliner or trim piece attaches there? I'm not too familiar with Suburbans. Anyway, my Panel Truck header has a smooth top edge that is folded over towards the roof. It also slightly wider. But, the length and the general shape of it looks ok and I'm planning to use it one way or another since a Panel Truck specific one is probably not available. The holes for the sun visors look similar in size.

My next question is, How is this thing installed? I know it is spot welded in place but was it installed at the factory before the roof skin. The reason I ask is that it looks like it is notched between the A pillars. Not sure if it will just pop in once I remove the old one. I guess I'll find out this weekend
Attached Images

Trying to bring a 68 Panel Truck back from the dead. 396 Big Block, 4 on the floor, and a whole lot of rust.
68PanelTruck is offline   Reply With Quote