View Single Post
Old 09-01-2020, 11:41 AM   #913
special-K
Special Order

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

Yes, that's me. I have an underwater camera for the first time on the river. My daughter gave it to me. We did seven miles, real easy. There was plenty of water so shallow over rocks were no problem. It was perfect since much higher can get hairy (not that I'd mind). We went from mile marker 21 (Burners Ford) to 28 (Indian Springs bridge). Our friend owns Downriver Canoe Co. but he shut it down for this summer. His son has a baby and they are just enjoying the first year together rather than deal with the hassles that come with the virus. He normally leases the property at Compton, which is at the foot of the mountain my sister lives on. We usually put at mile 13/JR's Campground (15 mi) to ride the rapids, but this was my brother in law's plan. We put in late afternoon as well. Perfect distance. Plenty of water so we took the Lower Mill Race side stream.

First a map, then Lower Mill Race, My sister in a fun spot, and the Colors family farm
Name:  DownriverMap-SouthForkMile1-28_Page_2-1.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  109.8 KB
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote