View Single Post
Old 09-05-2020, 02:03 PM   #2273
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by chev-obsession View Post
I occasionally peak in on this build thread and I love it. I wish I had your patience! Very clean work you do!
Much appreciated I may have to expedite some of the process; big changes coming again soon for the family
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
This is good reading and I will be tuned in to see you get it back on the road. Thanks for taking the time to post all the information and tell us about the process – jotted down some notes. Very cool truck. Subtlety and simplicity go a long way in making a spectacular ride. My road-going efforts tend to be a little more Square, but I have always kept an eye on these trucks.
Thanks a lot! Subtle is definitely my style
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
I like the steady progress, very clean and fresh!
Thanks, coming right along
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65StreetCruiser View Post
Chris, I picked up the rear gravel guards from Mike tonight. Will see about getting them to you asap. Maybe Steven and I can make another run up to you and deliver them in person or even better at the Marksville show!
Awesome, thanks, and that would be great! I should be back in the saddle by then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TA_C10 View Post
Would you mind elaborating on this a little more? Are you talking about the 2 main bolts that hold the core support to the frame, or something else? I'm trying to figure out how your door gap is affected... ty sir.

Yes, removed a big washer/spacer from the core support bushing, which allows the whole front clip to tilt down in the front, aligning the back of the fender with the front of the door. The gap was tight at the cowl and loose at the rocker. Probably the right way to do it is to shim the cab up, but it’s already aligned with the bed and the easier way is to drop to front down a touch.

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy

Last edited by gringoloco; 09-05-2020 at 02:19 PM.
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote