View Single Post
Old 09-07-2020, 05:09 PM   #26
oem4me

Re: Slowly Slowing Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Not sure why anyone would have to "pay' to allow just posting a pic in any general forum here?

You have to have a subscription (pay) for the parts buy/WTB/sell/classifieds related for the site. They have to keep people from just using the site as a spot to off-load their goods/services w/o actually contributing to the sites membership. it's been that way since I got here. I've never had to pay though to post a pic for a question asked though so is there a possibility it was related to a 'want to buy' a part angle?
For years now, I've been denied access to posting of any kind after my paid membership expired. I've been here for a decade and feel that I have contributed a fair amount to the sites content, especially in the realm of original type trucks. I'm being flat honest when I say it's kinda maddening to get "cut off" after letting a subscription lapse for a few days. Makes me feel like the folks that run the site are in it only for the money. That's reason enough for me to look for other venues, however flawed they may be.
As far as the rude "use the search feature" reply goes, I'll defend that one. You see, some people don't even know it's there to use. Others are just lazy. And then some feel it's a bother to wade through endless repetitive pulp about "what size tires can I run after my drop", while browsing for something interesting. Many, many pertinent questions have already been asked and answered effectively and completely with pictures to illustrate. It's all there for you .. that is, if you use the search feature.
Hmmm ... was that a rant? ...sorta felt like it .. but not really how I wanted ...

Last edited by oem4me; 09-08-2020 at 01:30 AM.
oem4me is offline   Reply With Quote