Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 10:51 AM   #16
1971Stepside
Almost Satisfied

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Quote:
It's easy to mock old parts up, but putting the newly painted and fresh parts together takes twice as long trying to be careful... I bought new window setting rubber from LMC and it worked great. Other than that, just pics really. I'm still wiring the doors, getting all the Power Windows and Power Locks installed. I also bought new mirrors with LED signals in them, got the passenger side installed. Oh yeah, and 71StepSide, yeah man, the chrome pieces on my vent windows are definitely backwards, and I had no idea they would be off like they are, they don't go all the way up to top of door. SMH..... So I went ahead and installed them as they are with the intention of going with 1 piece windows later on..... Whatever. I will own it.
First off, truck is looking great. I'm glad to hear the LMC window setting rubber works. I can't find the metal track at the moment, but I know I restored it and put it somewhere safe.

No worries on the vent windows!! I'm glad I caught that before I had all the rivets in. Don't blame you for waiting.
1971 C10 Stepside. LSx 6.0 with BTR Stage IV, Speed Engineering Headers, 4L80e transmission w/3200 Circle-D Stall. 3.73. Posi. Purchased this truck when I was 17. I started the rebuild (or take apart) in 1993. I have drug it around all over the country in pieces. Finally back on the road in 2021.

"I can't complain, but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far."
1971Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote