View Single Post
Old 09-14-2020, 02:03 AM   #29
SkidmoreGarage

Re: Skidmore '67 C20

Finished up the seat this evening and I am happy it is over, but I needed an indoor project with all of the smoke in Portland. Turned out pretty well for a first time, I think it will be a good match for dash pad in the truck. I also plan to use a black carpet (ACC essex with mass loaded backing from Rock Auto), and I think the black in the seat panels will tie it together. I think I have $165 in materials in the seats, and about 14 hours of re-engineering the seats ! Getting the covers on is the easy part! At some point I will go with buckets- but it's not in the budget for now.

I had to pick up some 2" foam from Home Depot as the upholstery shop is only open during the week, and the contouring and bolstering really made a big improvement. You can see what I did in the photo (not shown is the dacron to puff up the low spots to hold the cover). The cover is still a snug fit, but the different foam layers make it feel like it has bolsters.

It looks like my Classic Heartbeat order will be ready tomorrow, my pitman arm will be here tomorrow, my drop spindles will arrive by Friday, and my Boyd's welding tank will be here Friday as well. Should be a busy couple weeks! I put in for 2 weeks of vacation starting tomorrow- but it looks like I will have a delayed start with getting called to work tomorrow and Wednesday. It's alright, they are usually pretty flexible and I'll get the time back.
Attached Images

SkidmoreGarage is offline   Reply With Quote