View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 11:12 PM   #2
ray_mcavoy

Re: double-pinning a sealed terminal?

No, I don't think any of the Packard/Delphi/Aptiv sealed connector systems have provisions for two wires attached to a single terminal.

There are some MetriPack connectors that use "pull to seat" terminals and have a single silicone seal with multiple wire holes. For example, the plug used on CS-130 & 144 alternators. But those still only have one wire hole for each terminal.

All of the factory wiring harnesses I've worked on seem get around this limitation by using multi-wire splices in the harness. Say for example, you want to supply power to 3 or 4 sensors. Instead of daisy chaining the power wire from one connector to the next (which requires 2 wires per terminal except for the last connector in the chain), they run the feed wire into a splice that branches off to 3 or 4 wires, each one leading directly to a single terminal on each connector.

Using an oversize seal (meant for a heavier gauge wire) would probably be the best way to go if you absolutely have to connect 2 wires to a single terminal. Even then, you'd probably want a little bit of supplemental sealer (like RTV silicone) to help fill any gaps.
ray_mcavoy is offline   Reply With Quote