View Single Post
Old 09-18-2020, 06:47 PM   #159
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Smile Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 View Post
Yeah, I just block everything and throw it in the pickup. Simple that way. I could build a gallows with the rear stake pockets and use a come-a-long for a lift, but there's not many that big. I had a logging truck with a self loader years ago

Right now I'm working through a 50K# semi load that I bought last fall and had dumped in the sagebrush. It's a 1/4 mile haul to the house. I've gone through all the dry stuff and trying to get the rest blocked and stacked in the yard for winter after next when it will be good and dry, before I go out and start scrounging dead trees from the woods again.

I've got a bunch of misc saw work also: trimming lower limbs and attacking some of the thickets. That gets pretty discouraging because you spend more time dragging and stacking than cutting. Then I bought another 20 acres so that will need some forest management too

80 degrees and smokey today. I ain't doin' saw work in the afternoon.
Man ,,you are self driven ,,,proud of ya and another 20 acres of it too.. ..I suppose I was too. any time I could get some easy pickens for wood ,,I'd work until I couldnt see anymore ..and right back at it again in the morn...self loading log truck Huh? I couldnt get a boom truck to put up rafters to this 60 ft pole barn I was building and this guy says he'd do it with his self loader,,,,,, ( you know one with tongs and nuckle that swings and twists all over the place ? ) we got er done ,,but talk about doing the hula dance up the ladder trying to catch that darn bunch of steel tryin to conk me in the head was a wake up call to dont do it again .. of course the operator had a lot to do with it ..