View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 07:20 PM   #7
ss63

Re: 90 astro 4.3 crank sensor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTech View Post
There is another thing I want you to check.
Make sure the white wire between the module in the distributor, and the coil, has good tight connections.
Sometimes the terminals in the connectors get stretched out and do not tightly hold on to the terminals they side over.
The white wire is the wire that grounds the coil to make it spark.

There should be white wire going to a connector that is taped to the harness from the factory right by the coil. That white wire is connected to the white wire at the coil. If you put a test light on that wire with the other end of the test light on a good ground the test light should flicker when the engine is cranking as the distributor module pulses the coil to make spark.
Sorry for the delay as this vehicle near by / not at my house ok up-date first took wire from coil put spark plug on got spark there , then took one of the wires from a cylinder & it sparked there too next took cap off that pointy thing is turning in another ring now there's black plastic ring around that other ring now it does move but only a quarter of an inch in either direction ! ok anyway not a hint of a start even with ether ! so i would summarize ( from what you wrote its the distributor ). that houses the crank sensor ? again thank you for your input .
ss63 is offline   Reply With Quote