View Single Post
Old 09-21-2020, 07:52 AM   #183
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

How are the brakes??? That thing looks cool in pictures but It has to be a gas (er, volt) to drive. I'd like to see a video... hint hint.

I've just been poking around the place. Moving things out of the shed or over to the far side so now I can start digging out for concrete. I did a little more concrete work on those steps at the garage, and built some shelves inside it.

Moving the barn over has been a thought circling around for a long time. A burden really, with needing a solution for that tree situation, other than expensive crane work to cut it down. I'm liking the thought of the big old tree staying since such an old house seems like it should have at least one big old tree somewhere. Maple limbs can be cut way back and they still sprout out a nice canopy. But trimming is for later (I have a climber who works cheap). Right now I'm happy to have confirmed a plan and moving one with it.

The shakes are bad to where they are leaking at the bottom, and now the board & batten is rotting at the bottom. I couldn't let it wait any longer. As it is now, due to the tree, I have to climb through the fence to access that patch of property to even look at that side of the barn. So I hadn't seen the rot until this weekend. I knew the soffit and fascia were bad. No wonder it's so damp in there.

I don't have a place to put everything in the barn while this happens. But I've been all through it, moved a lot out to elsewhere, got rid of some things, seen every inch of floor again after many years, cleaned, and organized. I have things up top to get rid of and other things to move elsewhere on the property still. It's inch by inch and a real challenge with where to move what to where. I have room to do what I need to prep for moving and when it comes time to move it I'll just have to move some things onto the slab outside and tarp it. It's been overwhelming to think about, but now that it's in motion I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 09-21-2020 at 08:07 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote