Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 09:46 AM   #664
roll_the_dice

Re: Johns 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns 66 View Post
Ok a lil decision has been made...well not so little..lol

I found a refurbished complete OE AC system....it has everything from changing to deluxe controls, all the brackets, down to the wiring. The compressor is a new/remanned unit that is R134a. All the parts are either reconditioned or new if they are consumable parts. I am also getting an under dash ashtray, which would be factory correct on AC addition...no I dont smoke just thought they are cool...again with the looks.....Boy if I wasnt so concerned about look....LOL but I digress and I am completing the inside with a 4 ways hazard/flasher switch.

Even though I will be rewiring my truck I am getting all the original wiring for the AC, 4 way flasher so my hopes are that it will make it a lil easier when I come to that part of it.

There are a couple of other things that i will be adding to my truck which includes a stereo system...I have been looking at Classic Auto Sound and the under seat speakers as well as kick panel speakers....I do have a dual updated center dash speaker that replaces the original...but still in the figuring out stage.....
I am also adding door jamb switches...my original thought was to put the small little door lights and activate them with the dome light when the doors were opened...BUT since I got my used/NOS Im having a hard time getting myself to drill holes in perfect doors......so now Im leaning to under dash lighting instead of the doors...I know there is some type lights that I can buy that are GM OE but think LED lights would work better.

I will check on the condensor you suggested to see if its possible.....so the journey continues.

Waiting on brake lines stuff....STILL.
Sounds like a good plan!

I thought the door jamb switches were mounted in the cab and when the door closes it presses the switch to turn off the lights? That is my plan anyway...if I am wrong, then I have been thinking wrong the entire time.

Still waiting on brake lines? Wonder how much of our build time is waiting on parts to arrive? HAHA
roll_the_dice is offline   Reply With Quote