View Single Post
Old 09-24-2020, 12:04 PM   #10
hevy_chevy67

Re: Going to look at a Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadheadNM View Post
That’s got potential. I’m seeing rust on the Rh door and outer rocker and along the lower tailgate. There’s likely more but if that’s original paint, and it looks like it could be, the rust is relatively not bad imo and not a deal breaker (obviously there could be a lot more that’s not apparent).

Front hubs look like faded red correct optional oem examples. No K5 option for a winch that I’m aware of (some pickups did receive a factory winch but those may be fleet ordered examples) but that could be a period Hickey piece. It’s a Custom level trim Jimmy.

I’d look at that if it were close to me. Value? Depends on what’s there and where you want to go with a build but on the low end at least $5-6k USD on this side of the border. Here’s a non running comparison presently on eBay but a 72 and a Highlander: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-Chevro...IAAOSw3tNfZBr6
I was thinking $10K USD is probably hitting the max on it's market value. But that still puts the me and the seller a ways off on what he is wanting. I guess worse case scenario I go up and look and I'm out my time and some gas. I need to think on it some more.
1969 GMC Suburban - 5.3 LS, 4L60e
hevy_chevy67 is offline   Reply With Quote