View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 02:38 AM   #194
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

I took my wifes car in for a new tire. I pumped up the old one and made it to the shop. My buddy was supposed to follow me in my 71 and drive me home.

So I drop the car off. Go out and look for my truck...No truck in sight. I'm thinking, this is not good. So I start walking. I get about half way home and see my buddy walking towards me. Okay now I know this is not good.

He says. The truck broke down. It's in the middle of the road in front of your house. Which I guess is good because I live on a cul de sac with one other house on it.

So I walk. (Uphill) and there's my truck right in the middle of the road. So now after walking up this hill I've got to figure out how to get this truck out of the road.

So I get the keys from my friend. He's getting older and he's kind of losing it. He told me it wouldn't even crank. So I went to check.

Turns out he still had it in drive. I put it park and it cranked but it was like it was out of gas. Probably because it was. My gas gauge crapped on me. It showed a half a tank. But I got it to fire up long enough to get it back in my yard.

I figure I'll replace the fuel pump. I have had troubles with it on hills. And I live in the hills. And fix the gas gauge.

And I had to chase my dog. He was chasing my neighbors cat. I'm just lucky he listens to me when I tell him to stop and sit. I would never be able to catch him.

So. I got my exercise today.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote