View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 07:58 AM   #11
03BlkZ

Re: Headers on my C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForcedInduction355 View Post
I have run Blackjack headers ($100 back then) with 1-5/8" primaries (maybe even 1-1/2" don't recall back then), and had a huge performance increase with just a mild cam and vac sec holly 600cfm carb. Later I stepped up to 1-3/4" primary Hooker Super Comps, with no performance increase.

So my moral is, if you go headers, keep the primaries small unless you are running aftermarket heads. You will retain a lot of torque and it will sound great. Ground clearance should not be an issue as the collector is pretty high of the ground at stock height so 2.5" shouldn't be killer. BTW, dual 3" pipes with Flowmasters sounded great albeit a tad loud.
Cool. My engine is going to have a cam (209/216 .435 .455) and I am looking for some sound. I know headers always wakes up the sound on a corvette. I'm not looking for a hot rod because I'm keeping 3 on the tree for nostalgic reasons. It is my dads truck that he has owned since before I was born and was the very first vehicle I ever drove and learned to drive in. I was probably 9ish when I first drove it. Now he is giving it to me and we are building it together. Here is a pic of before when we started last December and where we are now.
My dad is a retired auto body man with 43 years under his belt. Kind of helps a lot with the restoration process to have him there. I'm lucky to get to spend this time with him and we are having a lot of fun.
Attached Images

03BlkZ is offline   Reply With Quote