View Single Post
Old 09-27-2020, 10:06 PM   #1
Fbks_Cruiser

Salvage yard scores

20 years ago, back before I had my 72 GMC, I stopped in at a wrecking yard to get a few parts for a friends F*rd. The guy running the yard was old then. Well a couple weeks ago I got to thinking about that yard and how he had several older GM trucks, so I drove by. No one was there, but the place obviously wasn’t deserted cuz there were some chickens in a coop! With no one there I didn’t want to wander around much so I left but couldn’t stop thinking about it. While checking Craigslist Friday night I saw an add for the yard! I called the guy up (the old man’s son) and set an appointment to go out today.
Well, he does have a dozen or so 67-72s, some pretty well picked over. But today I pulled some nice 1969 windshield trim and a radio delete in the correct color for my truck. I also found an almost pristine hood and a really nice full bed that must have been a take off. He is gonna pull them for me to pick up later this week. He is also gonna keep an eye out for a tailgate and passenger fender. Really nice guy and he gave me a good deal cuz I did business with his dad all those years ago!
Attached Images

Matt
Fbks_Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote