View Single Post
Old 09-30-2020, 07:11 PM   #399
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJeep View Post
...I ended up building my coilover mounts for as long of a coilover as I could get away with, and setting it up for more droop travel than up travel so I could get the tire off on the side of the road without unhooking suspension. After some testing, it worked on my application!
I wish that was a choice for me. The Roadster Shop SPEC chassis came with coilovers and there's not a lot of leeway. I think I'll invest in roadside assistance with the insurance policy and hope for the best.

I've been slowly making progress. The guy that installed my windshield and back glass at HRE came to the house and helped me with the quarter windows. They look really nice. It took me several tries to get the roof and beltline trim installed to my liking. Have to drill holes for the screws that hold the aftermarket clips which is a bit nerve wracking. Tried using the old clips but they were too loose to hold the trim like I wanted.

I got the lower half of the dash back in silver. I have a bunch of parts in base coat, but was unable to clear all of them due to the wind. Felt like a Cat 1 out there today. I did get the dash and associated parts done by staying inside where it was sheltered. Also got the hood assembled and ready to go back on when the time comes.

I got ready to mock up the steering shaft and joints and immediately ran into a problem with the vibration damper that goes on the splined shaft out of the rack. It just barely hits the motor mount so I'll have to remove the mount and put it in the mill to give it some more clearance. Always something.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote