Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 11:44 AM   #941
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971Stepside View Post
I'm holding on the rearview mirror until I see what you figure out. Remember the good thing about a big list is if something starts fighting you, you have something else to move on to.
I will be working on the mirror very soon. I plan to polish the metal ball, paint it, and test it out in the socket to make sure it doesn't rub the paint off, and go from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
FINALLY! I've been wondering why no updates.

I hope you're all rested up, cause that list ain't gonna tackle itself... Like 71stepside says, just try to switch to a different project when things aren't flowing right. I'll do my best to inspire you, here goes... You're getting very close to having a personally hand built one of a kind classic Chevy daily driver with all kinds of cool amenities. Now lets see another 50 pictures please, I need some motivation too.

Here's an idea, just work on the things absolutely needed to make it drive-able, then maybe the motivation will come naturally?
LOL. Thanks man. We can all use the motivation from time to time. And speaking of motivation, I knocked off an item on my list Tuesday(sealed bulkhead on firewall) and now i'm working on intake tube again.

The original style MAF fits directly into the 4" tube on one end, and needs a coupler on the other end. If a clamp can squeeze the tubing enough to hold the MAF in place I will be happy. Otherwise I will have to come up with something different.

Here is what it looks like so far with mock-up. It's right after a 45 degree curve I know, but this is just to get me started. I may end up going with doing an aluminum tube another day like some of you have mentioned.

I will need to cut off a little plastic notch in the MAF so it sits flush inside the intake tube, but currently it's a pretty tight fit just sliding it in there so this may work.

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote