View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 04:13 PM   #17
RustyPile

Re: Shipping prices are nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckster View Post
.....<snip>............But back to your basic premise... you originally said that not being able to find parts locally was a tired, old excuse, implying that people who can't find parts locally are lazy. Then you give the credit for YOU being able to find a part locally to the attitude of a local business owner.....<snip>............
Lazy??? You read something I didn't say into something I did say.. I didn't imply anything like that, you did..

Let me clarify what I did say. I'm not referring to just the antique car part business. Basically, I'm referring to retail businesses in general, which encompasses that market also.. I certainly wasn't implying laziness on the customer's part or anyone's part for that matter.. What I'm trying to say is, why aren't more businessmen taking enough interest in broadening their customer base as is Matt here in Elkhart? The money is out there and people are willing to spend it.. My experience is that it's not just an Elkhart thing.. I haven't lived here all my life.. I moved here about 10 years ago after I "officially retired".. Previously lived in a city of 110,000 people.. I wasn't forced to shop the internet there either..

I have other thoughts and opinions on this matter.. But out of respect for the toes that might get stepped on, I'll keep them to myself...
RustyPile is offline   Reply With Quote