View Single Post
Old 10-02-2020, 06:09 PM   #217
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Just make her something pretty, or whatever she likes, when you can. Then you might be able to hang one by the back door . I meant run a water line out to the garage or back to the barn. I have a hose by the cellar door by the driveway and where we walk into the house. I wouldn't put that set-up there. I do have a slight touch of class. All junk belongs behind the house... then anything goes. I ain't all hillbilly, you know!

I had this pair of hinges left over from in the house. Inside I used all old hand forged hardware. The one had no hinge pin and they are fatter than any pins I have, or what would come with a pair from the hardware store. But I found a bolt that drove tight through the holes on the door part of the hinge but moved freely on the jamb part, so I was able to hang the door! I also made the other door and painted it. That sash had glass, same size as the other, but two panes were cracked. I removed four panes to reconfigure, but now the two won't quite fit back in. Just a but too snug. So I'll have to get panes custom cut 1/8" under. I'm disappointed because that glass is the antique wavy glass. I set it aside for replacements, or maybe I'll make something artsy crafty to use them on
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote