View Single Post
Old 10-04-2020, 12:04 PM   #6
Ziegelsteinfaust

Re: Whats the over under here???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57taskforce View Post
Those ecoboosts have been known to blow head gaskets have turbo problems when they get worked anywhere near the upper end of there weight ratings. I know two different guys who tried to pull campers with them. Both campers were within the tow ratings on the truck. Both had problems overheating at any real grades. One sold the truck and bought an f250 because he melted the coolant seals down in the driver side turbo and it started leaking externally. The other had to have the dealer put head gaskets in it under warranty. He sold it shortly there after as well. For Harry homeowner stuff they seem to be pretty good. For real truck work... there’s a reason Ford still only offers v8s and diesels in there superduty’s. Towing numbers are impressive only if the truck can hold it together long term in my opinion.
So what your saying if I am picking it up correctly 🤔 is that the best F150 is a F250?

My experience with the eco boost comes from service vans. My E250 with a 5.4 2V effectively gets the same mpg, and has less long life issues then the Transits with the turbo. In my 10 years in this industry my 3 E250's have been taken to 200,000 easily. Not always by me here, but i wouldn't have issue taking them cross country at a moments notice. With just a oil change, and once over. My current shop has lost 2 eco boosts in the last year. 1 oil pump failure, and 1 to head gaskets.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote