View Single Post
Old 10-04-2020, 04:35 PM   #8
Ziegelsteinfaust

Re: Whats the over under here???

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rocknrod View Post
Nope. It's the Duramax if you want to tow. I found out the hard way.
Is the Duramax a good engine or any diesel these days?

I have known too many people I know of who had nothing but issues with diesels.

Two major corporations I know ditched most of the diesel service trucks for new gas models. Supposedly they were the problem ones, and they continue to do it anytime a truck fails to much in a quarter roughly.

My company is going to ditch our diesel pick up next issue it has with the re-gen system. Our new delivery truck is the Ford 6.2 gas. The old delivery truck was the 6.4, but was having problems a little to often. Especially when we needed it most. One time its emission system sh*t the bed on a Saturday, and I had a crane lift Monday 7am 2 hours away. So I had to use my personal truck to haul everything up there last minute. Which was a pita because we had to load up Sunday morning, and the Sales Lady had to meet us to turn off the alarms. Plus rescue the driver since he was on her jobs at the time. I am at a small shop.

My uncle lemon lawed 4 diesel trucks in litterly 3 years. It was 2 GM's with constant injector issues. A Ford where the turbo blew under load after 6 months of constant issues with 4 of the 6 months in the shop. A Dodge which was the best till it grenaded on the 14 fly going up hill.

I get it if you really want to tow heavy they lay down the power, but I personally don't ever see myself buying one. That is with the state of current, and recent smog systems. I read there is supposedly a new horizon that provides hope, but i will save judgement till then.

When I was getting my 18 Silverado I really really wanted a 1 ton crew cab dually, but with the 6.0 gasser. The consumer side of the dealerships were throwing huge discounts for diesels, and the commercial side had none with beds. Plus would not get me one with a bed. So I got a more reasonable truck for my life.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote