View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 09:20 AM   #12
special-K
Special Order

Re: Whats the over under here???

I don't see much of anyone in anything these day who seem to know the golden rule: "Tow Slow!". You are not driving the same vehicle when you are towing. After hitching that trailer you are hopping into a vehicle you just changes. Might not feel like it. Might not even feel that trailer back there. But stopping or even being pushed on a turn, especially while braking, are another story. It's like when 4wd got popular and all the newbies where enjoying getting up to speed with ease and seemingly better handling in snow. Then they needed to stop and they learned a new lesson. With towing, no matter how string the tow vehicle brakes are, strong the suspension, powerful the engine is, if the vehicle weight is that much less than what you are pulling you are in an unsafe vehicle and only you can make it safe... or safer at least. Still, consider road conditions and hang back more than usual. I see knuckleheads with landscape trailers loaded up whizz buy my place on the 30 mph road doing 50-60 going wide around the curves, rain or shine. They don't appear to me to be fully conscious, or plum ignorant. Certainly not thinking about that trailer back there or the person coming the other way that they will harm.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote