View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 03:02 PM   #193
44boggers

Re: American in Austria 83 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Yeah I was thinking about your situation and location when I wrote that, knowing that it would be more difficult there. You have a lot of cool stuff going on and everything you said makes sense to me. It may be worth a weekly update to your thread noting progress as well as referencing that frame need. Maybe you can leave that work until just before you paint it. I'm sure that there are a number of guys that have parts trucks. Even I do, and I would happily send you a chunk if I had stripped it down that far and couldn't sell the frame as a whole. There have got to be guys on here with bent frames, hit in the back, that could sell you a chunk from the front. I would read other people's build threads who are combining two or more trucks. I can think of a couple right off the top of my head. PM those guys and I'm confident you'll land a piece.
Thanks again for putting some thought into my issue and thanks for the offer. I have been building this truck for 5 years now, so I am getting anxious to get it done and actually drive it.
I was thinking about the splicing of a frame section in and your concern about it messing with my current body alignment. My thought is that i can finish the body work to my liking and when I get a chance to splice in a new section it shouldnt (in theory) mess with my alignment. As long as I keep all of the body panel bolts tight and i keep the core support propped up when i get it the frame, all i would need to do is bolt the new section to my core support so i know that the core support is tightened down properly to the frame and then weld it in. So really if that all goes as planned the body panels should not move at all.
I travel about 200 days a year for work so I just dont have much time to work on my truck, and as the aforementioned garage, I dont have any room to pull panels and paint inside. So basically I need to do all the priming outside, ok I cant get away with pushing the truck to the wall and getting the door and fenders on a stand to prime them, but no chance for a hood or bed sides.
This is a big reason why this build has taken 5 years so far, between my OCD and lack of space it is hard to accomplish a lot in a short amount of time.

Either way, I will update this thread more often if people are interested in seeing whats going on.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Paul

Last edited by 44boggers; 10-05-2020 at 03:11 PM.
44boggers is offline   Reply With Quote